Saturday, January 31, 2015

Rigdon's Birth Story - St. George UT Family Photographer

Last month I had the opportunity to do my first birth session!  It was something I had been thinking about for awhile, when I first started noticing birth photography becoming popular I wasn't sure how I felt about it, I would see photos posted on FB and think - why would anyone even want a picture like that taken of them and why in the heck are they posting them all over the internet?!  But then I would see some that were really beautiful and so precious.  I decided that it was something I'd like to try, but I would just take a more conservative approach, capturing the beauty of that precious little baby coming into their momma's arms and those tender first moments, while still keeping the Mom modest and with out sharing pictures that make people cringe.  (Just for info for anyone thinking about this, I did take photos of the baby being delivered,  I just won't be posting them, I feel like they are too private to be plastered on the internet.) So with that in mind,  I was so excited when Malinda asked me to do her baby's newborn photos a few months ago and we talked about the birth story idea and felt that we were both on the same page and it ended up working out perfectly!  This was super easy for my fist time, Malinda was induced, so I was able to just keep my day open and wait to hear from her when she was close to delivering.  I got to the hospital and we talked for just a few minutes and the nurse came in to check her and said she was ready to deliver!  We could not believe the good luck!  No waiting around for hours, I was there 5 minutes and it was time to get ready!

Meet Baby Rigdon, 7 pounds, 9 ounces of perfection.

















It was an amazing experience!  I loved it! It was comfortable for both Malinda and me and could not have gone better.  It was such an honor for me to capture these first most precious moments and I loved every minute of it.  Thank you Malinda and Travis for the wonderful opportunity!  

4 comments: